I have made a few changes this year. Mainly I’ll be carrying a much lighter shelter, no rain poncho, as my shelter is also that, no maps or guidebooks as they are all on my Kindle AND my phone, and I’m not bringing my camera. My big luxury items are camp shoes, the Kindle, a dress (really I must), an extra insulation pad, and the damn Jetboil. Let’s do the math together.
THE BIG THREE:
- Gatewood Cape with Serenity Net Tent, stakes, and ground sheet: 23 oz
- Osprey Exos 58 Pack (w/o lid and severely mutilated by cutting off extras): 32 oz
- Phd Mountain Software Combi down sleeping bag : 28 0z
OTHER SLEEP ESSENTIALS:
- NeoAir X-Lite sleeping pad regular: 12 oz
- Gossamer Gear Thin-lite Insulation Pad: 2.4 oz
- Jetboil (I always think I’m going to take something else and this always finds its way in at the last minute): 14 oz.
- Fuel canister: 3.5 oz.
- Small plastic bowl and spork: 3 0z
- Sawyer Squeeze water filter: 2.4 oz
- Various water bottles and squeeze bags: 3.5 oz
- Iphone and Lifeproof case: 6.1 oz
- Kindle in waterproof case: 8.7 oz
- Brunton Inspire battery charger: 5.5 0z
- SPOT satellite messenger: 5.2 oz
- phone charging cord: 1.7 oz
- Petzl Pikka XT headlamp plus batteries: 3 oz
- Toiletries kit which includes deodorant, castile soap, sunscreen, deet, toothpaste/brush, small comb, tweezers, lip balm, small washcloth: 4 oz.
- First Aid kit which includes Leukotape, Neosporin, Ibuprofen, Valerian root (for sleeping), gauze: 3 oz
- mechanical pencil and replacement lead: 1 oz
- very small handmade journal: 3 oz.
- Small knife: .5 oz
- Extra guy line: 2 oz.
- Duct tape: .5 oz.
- Waterproof matches and lighter : 1 oz
- Domechrome umbrella: 8 oz.
- Various stuff sacks and Loksacks: 3 oz
- Dental floss and needle: .5 oz.
- Money/ID/permits/medical card: 4 oz
THINGS TO WEAR:
- ZPoles Black DiamondUltra-distance trekking Poles : 8.4 oz
- Icebreaker Merino Wool leggings: 3 oz
- Icebreaker Merino Wool longsleeve shirt: 6 oz
- Eastern Mountain Sports hiking pants: 8 oz
- EMS button down white shirt: 3 oz
- Icebreaker Merino wool dress: 8 oz
- Underwear/bra: 4 oz
- Patagonia down puffy jacket: 8 oz
- Northface Verto wind jacket: 2.6 oz
- Merino wool beanie: 3 oz
- Outdoor Research Helios sun hat: 2.6 oz
- Montbell UL gaiters: 2.1 oz
- Glasses and case: 2.6 oz
- Merrill Glove Mary Jane shoes (in camp): 4.5 oz
- Teva Dozer 111 Hiking Sandals: 10 oz
- Various socks (3 pair): 3.8 oz
- Bug net: really nothing
- Merino wool gloves: 2 oz.
- Town dress
- Full journal
- paddle brush
- extra vitamins, ibuprofen, etc
- toiletry refills
- extra socks
- Kindle charger
- protein powder
- new tips for trekking poles
- Kahtoola microspikes
- terror that a blood vessel is going to burst in my skull again
TOTAL CARRIED WEIGHT MINUS WORN ITEMS AND TREKKING POLES: 13.29 LBS.